Tuesday, May 3, 2011

speak Lord, for your servant is listening...

8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli and said, "Here I am, for you called me." Then Eli perceived that the LORD was calling the young man. 9 Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down, and if he calls you, you shall say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant hears.'" So Samuel went and lay down in his place. -- 1 Samuel 3:8-9 ESV

So ever since my first year of college came to an end, I began doing a lot of thinking about my life. Since late February/early March, I started questioning if this was the right path for me. And more importantly, if this was what God had planned for me life. So I started asking myself questions, searching the depths of my mind for answers and seeking God for help.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized my passion wasn't in massage therapy. But rather in just plain outright helping others.

The only question that remains is what was to become of my college life now? I don't think I can continue in something I'm not passionate about? That, and school was never something I was good at in my fourteen years that I endured... Yet, my parents had spent so much money on me so far, so what am I to do?


Therefore, Lord I earnestly ask you to speak to me, speak to my parents, please tell me what you wish for me to do and I shall do it. Whatever you desire, I shall do it. I shall be but the clay in your hands, waiting to be molded as you desire. Speak Lord, for your servant is listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment